Monday, February 24, 2014

Dresser Buffet with tutorial

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
The only other mahogany buffet that I redid sold within 3 days at the shop. 
White with the natural wood top sells like hotcakes around here!
I came across this ad for a dresser for sale on CL and thought it would make a nice buffet.
Have a looksee......

 Forgot to snap a before shot before I got stripping! My stripper of choice is "Soy Gel". I've raved about it in other posts. No smell and completely non-toxic! Works just as well as the chemical strippers. And clean up is with water.  Doesn't get any easier than that.  You can order it online at the Real Milk Paint co or many other sites. 

  I wasn't about to put back the drawers for the pic.  But here's what the whole enchilada looked like......
 I keep collecting pieces to do, and then pushing them aside and working on the newer stuff!! lol

I also wasn't about to move this beast inside to stage and then move it back out and load it onto the truck!  I swear, this baby must weigh 200 lbs! 
This one was off to my space at Debras Cottage in Costa Mesa.
The veneer was completely torn off this leg and badly peeling away on two the others. There were
Read more »
TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment