Monday, February 10, 2014

Design Plan Laurens Contemporary Cottage

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Before we left California, I met Lauren through one of my Craigslist furniture sales. I wasnt looking for any clients at the time, but she was super sweet and her house was so cute, I had to do it! Plus, a while ago, she pinned our old bedroom, so it was kinda meant to be.

I finished up the plan a few weeks ago and never shared, here it is!

Living room now:


Living room plan:

pinterest |  burlap and lace | pinterest  | the hunted interior 

The entry is connected to the living room, so to make the most of it I suggested creating board and batten molding with coat hooks. There is also built ins next to the door, so a deep charcoal trellis stencil would help them stand out. 

I adjusted the space planning using their existing sofas, but turned it towards the back wall so that the entry and living room would be a little more defined. Lauren wants to find a faux fireplace, and I instantly thought of the hunted interiors stacked logs. To help the TV blend in I suggested building a gallery wall around it, similar to burlap and laces TV area.















































Sunroom, now:


I fell in love with this room right away. Its a finished garage but the roof line and the french door really make this place special! 

Sunroom plan:

By the french door, I suggested putting a rattan hanging chair - perfect for reading! For storage, two long buffets against the long wall (similar to Young House Loves) Lauren and her husband need something with taller storage, so this would be a good option. The seating area on the back wall was created with their existing sofa (I swapped the legs) and two caned chairs that Lauren just purchased from a friend. 

To help camouflage the washer and dryer, I turned them the other direction and placed screen.

 Bedroom now:


Since the bedroom was so tiny, there was only one place to place the bed. Since it would have to block part of the window, I suggested an open iron headboard so that it would still feel open.

the hunted interior | pinterest | haskel harris 

To balance the off center window and bed, I suggested creating an asymmetrical gallery wall similar to the hunted interior. For bedding, a mix of black and white pattern with a pop of coral mixed with natural elements. 

























Guest room, now:


Used as a spare room, there needed to be room for an air mattress and still function as a dressing room. 

Guest room, plan: 























































This was such a fun space to work on. I cant wait to see the space finished! Ill be sure to share as Lauren completes the spaces. 

--

ps, Im still wifi free, something about them not having the address on file, so they need to come verify first ... grrr ... going to stop in for the third time since Wednesday today. Hopefully they figure it out asap! 
















TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment