Monday, March 3, 2014

Mallets and step stools

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Bill Akins sent me over this picture of a quickie "Thors Hammer".
"After the movie came out, my son was with me in the shop. I was rooting through my cut off bin and pulled out a hunk of 4x4 posts and a closet dowel rod. I held them up and said, “Look Tyler, Thor hammer!” He just had to have one, being the super hero fan that he is. The handle is recessed halfway into the head, screwed from the top and glued in. The handle is wrapped with saddle string." 


*****
Justin Thomas is deployed in Kuwait and built this maple and walnut.mallet to use when he gets back home. It looks too nice to use! Update: Justin informed me of something special about this mallet...its filled with Kuwaiti sand! Thants pretty cool.



*****
Heres a solid oak mallet Bill Bumpus made. No added weights added to the head.


*****
George Raburn is the guy who sent me the beetle-kill pine that I used in last weeks project.  Heres his son who made one with the same wood. Looks exactly like mine!


*****
Periklis Therrios was FAST. He built this step-stool hours after I posted my video! It only took him two hours using pocket screws.






TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment